CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS TO BECOME PART OF OUR ADVISORY COMMITTEE
What is Circles For Reconciliation (CFR)?
We are a grassroots, full and equal partnership between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people with the sole goal of fostering respectful relationships as the basis of reconciliation. We do this by creating small circles of 10 participants with two trained facilitators who meet once a week for 10 weeks for an hour and a half to become informed and share insights and life stories.
While the project began in Winnipeg, it has expanded across Canada, including Toronto. The guiding principles of CFR are the Truth and Reconciliation’s 94 Calls to Action. We are seeking volunteers in Toronto to serve on the Advisory Committee.
Role of CFR Advisory Committee members:
- Understand the Truth and Reconciliation Calls To Action
- Attend Advisory Committee meetings
- Advise and provide feedback on project development.
- Promote Circles for Reconciliation
- Provide support for Toronto Indigenous Community Recruiter
- Interest in and commitment to Indigenous social justice issues and reconciliation
- Knowledge of and connections to GTA Indigenous organizations
- Immediate need is for Indigenous candidates to maintain parity on the Advisory Committee
For more information, contact: Raymond Currie, email@example.com or 1-(204) 487-0512