GENERAL PROCEDURES FOR GATHERINGS
Each meeting would have the following format:
- Opening standard Protocol (by facilitator)
- Reading (or alternate presentation) by facilitator or by a designated but volunteer participant, determined by the facilitator (10-12 minutes).
- Sharing by everyone in the circle using a talking stick
- Closing (Initiated by the facilitator, but each phrase read by 6 different participants, with the last sentence read by all six). We consider it important that gatherings conclude after 75 minutes with the sharing of the Closing protocol. In that way, those who wish to leave can do so without feeling guilt or disrupting things. Some may wish to continue discussions if that is acceptable in the facility. But our commitment is for meetings of 75 minutes.
- Items needed for each meeting
- Refreshments, possibly muffins and a drink
- A talking stick
- A copy of the Opening Protocol
- A copy of the Sacred Teachings of the Anishinaabe
- 6 copies of the closing Protocol for each group
- Materials for smudging (if desired) or appropriate invocation